Location #100 - The Domain Pavilion
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||The Domain Pavillion||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|1460||c1950||General Notes||Some time before 1950, the Nevis township was being dismantled. It was decided that the Domain Board would purchase some materials and huts. These were to form a Domain pavilion. With the help of Mr Ted Lawrence, Mr Dave Baird, Mr Theo Toms and others, three timber framed huts from the old Nevis hotel were transported to the Bannockburn Domain. Materials from the old Nevis hall were also obtained. A Pavilion building constructed of plastered mud-brick, timber framing with a corrugated iron roof was constructed. Initially it had a separate kitchen but that was later incorporated into the pavilion. The building was to form part of a war memorial, along with a memorial gateway for the Domain (see location #340). A roll of honour board was erected in the pavilion to remember the locals who served in World War 2. This roll of honour was transferred to the Bannockburn Presbyterian Church (location #58) around 2000.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|614||Paul Crump - Bannockburn||2000||Dwelling #100 looking north east. The Bannockburn Domain Pavilion.||View Image|
|682||Paul Crump - Bannockburn||c1956||War Memorial Gateway - Bannockburn Domain - Dedication Ceremony||View Image|