Location #102 - Store Stables. North Road, south side.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1904 - 1915||James Horn||Details|
|2||1915 - 1924||D A Jolly & Sons||Details|
|3||1924 - 1928||Edward Lawrence||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|1524||1904||Building of the Store Stables||James Horn enlarged his premises in 1904 and the stables may have been built at this time. They were built to hold seven horses. The three store horses, Derwent, Kate and Carrick were housed here.|
|1525||1924||General Notes||Mr Edward (Ted) Lawrence cartage / mail contractor stabled his team of horses in the stables. The horses names were Andy, Fan, Star and Floss. Young Charlie Ellis of dwelling #109 was always willing to help groom the horses. Mr Lawrence kept his cart and gig in the store shed, location #129.|
|1526||1928||Stables were demolished.||Ted Lawrence sold his team of horses, cart and gig, and replaced them with a Model T Ford truck. The store stables were dismantled, leaving the stone walls standing.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|6||Eileen Olds||1921||Constructing the Bannockburn bowling green||View Image|