Location #112 - Smithy House, Bannockburn-Nevis Road. Remembered on later years as a burnt out shell.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1887 - 1906||William Sutherland (Snr)||Details|
|2||1906 - 1917||William Price||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|99||1887||William moves to Bannockburn and constructs the Smithy House||In April 1887, William (1) shifted his business from Quartzville to Doctors Flat in Bannockburn. Dwelling #111 was constructed for the Smithy, and dwelling #112 was constructed as the Smithy house.|
|103||1907||Both dwellings #111 and #112 are sold to William Price||Wiliam Sutherland (1) sold his blacksmith business in dwelling #111 and the Smiths house #112 to William Price|
|111||1906||William Price purchases the blacksmith business from William Sutherland (Snr)||William Price purchases the blacksmith business from William Sutherland (Snr). This comprises of the Smithy #111 and the Smithy House #112.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|13||Ron Murray||1898||Bannockburn - Nevis Road, looking south west - viewed from Slaughteryard Hill||View Image|
|482||Miss A Parcell Collection||1899||Bannockburn Township - Bannockburn-Nevis Road.||View Image|