Dwelling #118 - Bannockburn-Nevis Road, east side.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1927 - 1928||John McPherson||Details|
|3||1928||James Lawrence (3)||Details|
|4||1929 - 1936||Richard Toms||Details|
|5||1936 - 1939||Henry Williams||Details|
|6||1965 - c1990||N Kean||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|1882||c1867||Possible previous history of dwelling #118.||The earliest confirmed history of dwelling #118 is from 1927, however previous to this it may have served the following purposes. It may have been J Richards shop around 1867. It may have been upgraded to a billiard room or extra accommodation for location #114 (the Bannockburn Hotel) by Mr J D Parsons (1).|
|1883||1927||John McPherson ran a general store.||John McPherson ran a general store from dwelling #118. He had previously run the general store in Lowburn prior to shifting to Bannockburn.|
|1884||c1928||It appears the Mr McPherson may have closed his store around this time.||It appears the Mr McPherson may have closed his store around this time.|
|1885||c1928||Mr Robertson may well have run the general store for a period of time, possibly for Mr Robertson.||Mr Robertson may well have run the general store for a period of time, possibly for Mr Robertson.|
|1888||1928||James Lawrence (3) may have moved to dwelling #118.||About this time it appears that James Lawrence (3) and his family returned to Bannockburn and may have moved to dwelling #118. It seems that James was either sick before he came back to Bannockburn, or became sick while he lived at dwelling #118. (he may have suffered from tuberculosis). Dwelling #118 was no longer a general store and the James Lawrence (3) family rented it as a house. There were two bedrooms and a kitchen behind the main store-room.|
|1893||1929||Richard Toms and family moved into dwelling #118.||Richard Toms and family moved into dwelling #118. Richard mined for gold in the Kawarau Gorge, on the true right bank opposite where the Roaring Meg power station is now located. He sunk a shaft here with Harry Russel.|
|1895||1936||Mr Henry Williams and family moved to dwelling #118.||It appears about this time, Mr Williams and family moved into dwelling #118. Henry Williams was a rabbiter who worked on Cairnmuir Station.|
|1897||c1990||Mr N Kean owned the property from 1965 till around 1990 when it was demolished.||Mr N Kean owned the property from 1965 till around 1990 when it was demolished.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|482||Miss A Parcell Collection||1899||Bannockburn Township - Bannockburn-Nevis Road.||View Image|