Dwelling #128. Nevis Street, west side, on the same site as dwelling #82.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1898 - 1914||J Halliday||Details|
|2||1935 - 1953||Thomas Lawrence||Details|
|3||1954 - c1960||Mrs Mary Holloway||Details|
|4||c1960||Miss Jenny Bowell||Details|
|5||c 1961||Miss Mary Tewhete||Details|
|6||c1961 - c1963||Mr & Mrs Bryant||Details|
|7||c1963 - c1966||Mr & Mrs Woodhouse||Details|
|8||c1966 - 1978||Various workers and shearers||Details|
|9||1978 -||Mr Gordon Stewart||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|1959||?||General Notes.||Mr Halliday built and lived in a one room timber framed, corrugated iron clad hut. This hut was built on the site of dwelling #82 which had burnt down, and incorporated one of the chimneys from the old dwelling.|
|1961||1938||The original hut (dwelling #84) was extended.||Thomas Lawrence purchased dwelling #84 and extended it. The original hut of Mr Halliday may have become the lounge*. 2 bedrooms and a kitchen were added. The extended dwelling #84 became dwelling #128. (* according to Mrs Mary Valk (Lawrence))|
|1965||1954||Dwelling #128 purchased by Mrs Holloway||Mrs Holloway purchased dwelling #128 and moved here from Cairnmuir Station after the death of her husband Ted.|
|1966||early 1960s||Mrs Holloway did in the early 1960s.||Mrs Holloway died in the early 1960s. James Stewart purchased dwelling #128 from Mrs Holloway's estate. He did not live in the property, but rented it our for a period of time.|
|1967||c1960s||Miss Bowell rented the dwelling from James Stewart for around one year in the 1960s.||Miss Bowell rented the dwelling from James Stewart for around one year in the 1960s. She was a school teacher in Cromwell.|
|1968||?||Mrs Mary Tewhete rented the dwelling from James Stewart.||Mrs Mary Tewhete rented the dwelling from James Stewart.|
|1969||?||Mr Bryant rented dwelling #128 from James Stewart.||Mr Bryant rented dwelling #128 from James Stewart. He was a raceman for the Carrick Irrigation Company.|
|1970||?||Mr & Mrs Woodhouse rented dwelling #128 from James Stewart.||Mr & Mrs Woodhouse rented dwelling #128 from James Stewart. Mr Woodhouse was a raceman for the Carrick Irrigation Company.|
|1971||?||Various farm workers and shearers rented dwelling 3128 from James Stewart.||Various farm workers and shearers rented dwelling 3128 from James Stewart. These included a shearer nicknamed "Possum" who was the last tenant in the dwelling in 1978.|
|1972||Mr Gordon Stewart inherited the property from his father James Stewart.||Mr Gordon Stewart inherited the property from his father James Stewart. He did not live in the property.|
|1973||1978||Dwelling #128 was moved to Gully Road where it became dwelling #403.||Mr Gordon Stewart had dwelling 3128 shifted to his property in Gully Road where it is now located. It is used as a storage shed and now listed as dwelling #403. Gordon Stewart built a new house on the site of dwelling #128 and now lives there with his family.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|319||Paul Crump||1998||Dwelling #128 - looking east.||View Image|