Location #129. Store Gig Shed. North Road, south side.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1904 - 1915||James Horn||Details|
|2||1915 - 1924||D A Jolly & Sons||Details|
|3||1924 - 1928||Edward (Ted) Lawrence||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|1974||1904||The gig shed may have been built around about this time.||James Horn enlarged his premises and the gig shed may have been built around this time. The shed was used to house the stone stores spring cart and horses.|
|1975||1924||Ted Lawrence housed his gig and cart in location #129.||Mr Edward (Ted) Lawrence was a Bannockburn cartage contractor. He housed his gig and cart in location #129.|
|1976||1928||The gig shed was dismantled||Mr Lawrence sold his team of horses, cart and gig, replacing them with a Model T Ford one ton truck. Shortly after this time the gig shed was dismantled.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|229||Mrs C Spears, R Murray||c1920||Mr Ted Lawrence driving horses on the Nevis Road.||View Image|
|482||Miss A Parcell Collection||1899||Bannockburn Township - Bannockburn-Nevis Road.||View Image|
|1054||Terry Emmitt||c1924||Bannockburn Store - location #87||View Image|