Location #214. Second school residence. Lower Smith's Gully, Schoolhouse Road, school ground western end.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1892 - 1971||Various residents (see list in details)||Details|
|2||c1930s||Brian Cuthbert Parcell||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|2452||various||General notes.||Mr Valk rented the house between July and Oct 1981 while his new house was being built in Domain Road.|
|2453||1930s||Brian and Olga Parcell lived in dwelling #214.||It appears that about this time Mr & Mrs Parcell lived in dwelling #214. Mr Parcell worked as a miner at the Cromwell & Bannockburn Colliery Company, Shepherds Creek coal mine (#247)|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|80||School Book - 75th Jubilee 1946 - via Mary Valk||1900||Bannockburn School||View Image|
|866||Otago Daily Times - Alexandra Museum||1912||Bannockburn School - Looking north.||View Image|
|1052||Terry Emmit||c1945||Bannockburn School - looking south.||View Image|
|1954||Mrs J Smallfield - Dunedin||c1930||Bannockburn School - looking north.||View Image|