Dwelling #264. Glen Farm Homestead No 1. Manson / Felton Road, north side, east of Target Gully.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||c1888 - 1922||George Manson (1)||Details|
|2||1923||George Manson (2)||Details|
|3||1924 - c1934||Miss Emily Mary Manson||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|2924||1888||General notes.||Oral history records that George Manson (1) took up Glen Farm at this time. Glen Farm consisted of the Kawarau river flats below Pipeclay Gully and Templars Hill, from target Gully east to the Bannockburn bridge|
|2925||1883 - 1887||Dwelling #264 was built.||It appears that about this time dwelling #264 was built.|
|2926||1910||George Manson (1) purchased additional land holdings.||As a result of the subdivision of Kawarau Station, George manson (1) purchased the Australian and New Zealand land Company's interest in the Carinmuir runs: 325c of 8,300 acres (3,353 ha) and 325D of 8,920 acrea (3,604 ha). He then went into partnership with the other owner, Mr E Holloway of Dunedin and together they purchased the Nevis run, 339F of 8,630 acrea (3,486 ha) from Mr A C Iverson. This block was added to the Cairnmuir Station and Mr Holloway later purchased Mr Mansons share.|
|2929||1922||George Manson (2) took over the running of the farm.||On the death of his father, George Manson (2) took over the running of Glen Farm.|
|2931||1924||Emily Manson took over the running of Glen Farm.||Emily Manson took over the running of Glen Farm with the help of a manager. Emily and her sister Alice (known as Tottie) continued to live in dwelling #264.|
|2933||1932||Miss Emily Manson continued to lice in dwelling #264.||Miss Emily Manson continued to live in dwelling #264 and ran Glen Farm with the help of a manager / labourer. Mr Leslie Gordon worked for Miss Manson for some time (possibly since 1922).|
|2935||c1934||Marriage of Leslie Gordon and Emily Manson.||Mr Leslie Gordon married Miss Emily Mary Manson, owner of Glen Farm. The couple lived in dwelling #264 for some time then a new house was constructed (dwelling #488) in the same location. Dwelling #264 was moved to a new location and became dwelling #487.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|