Location #311 - First School Shelter Shed. Lower Smith's Gully, Schoolhouse Road. School ground, western end.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||c1892||First School Shelter Shed.||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|3117||c1892/1893||The school committee decided to provide a shelter shed.||The school committee decided to provide a shelter shed. The education board contributed £7 (seven pound). The building was constructed by Mr William Parcell at a cost of £12. Mr John Short purchased the left over materials for £4. The materials required for the shed were salvaged from dwelling #213 after it was converted into a wash house for the second residence (see dwelling #451). Originally the shed had a clay floor.|
|3118||1902||The shelter floor was gravelled.||The shelter floor was gravelled, and later on a timber floor was constructed.|
|3119||1939||The original shelter was replaced by location #453.||The original shelter was replaced by location #453. At this time, location #311 may have been converted into a garage (location #426)|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|80||School Book - 75th Jubilee 1946 - via Mary Valk||1900||Bannockburn School||View Image|
|588||Bannockburn School Centennial 1981-1971 Booklet||1971||Centennial Committee||View Image|