Location #321. Punt (fourth punt). Junction of the Kawarau and Clutha Rivers, Cornish Point.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|3128||1862||Note from memory from G M Hassing.||On 13 Sept 1862 the provisional government sanctioned the establishment of a punt at the junction of the Kawarau and Clutha rivers, from Cromwell to Cornish Point. Henry Hill, helped by a man named Smith established a ferry service. The punt, like the ones before it could not handle the swift current when the river rose. The price paid to cross via the punt was sixpence per miner.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|