Location #355 - Bannockburn Bowling Club 1st Pavilion North Road, northern side.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||pre 1922||Cromwell Golf Club||Details|
|2||1922 - 1951||Bannockburn Bowling Club||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|3235||pre 1922||General note.||It appears that the old Cromwell Golf Club had built this building, possibly around 1910, however no details of it's history are available at this time.|
|3236||1922||General notes.||The Bannockburn Bowling Club purchased the pavilion from the old Cromwell Golf Club for £20. The building was transported to the North Road site by a truck owned by Mr William Bell of Cromwell. The building had no amenities or water supply and for nearly thirty years, the water for the afternoon tea was carried in a bucket by Mr R Robertson from dwelling #105 nearby.|
|3237||1951||A new pavilion was constructed.||A new pavilion (location #101) was constructed in 1951 at a cost of £621. It was officially opened on 24 Feb. The old pavilion was then demolished.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|348||Mrs Eileen Olds, Cromwell||5 Nov 1921||Bannockburn Bowling Club - Opening Day.||View Image|
|692||Mr M Crabbe - Cromwell||29 Jan 1921||Bannockburn Bowling Club - opening day.||View Image|