Location #369 - Kawarau Bridge Coal Mine Approx 150m upstream of the existing Bannockburn Bridge on the true left bank (north) of the Kawarau River.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1872 - 1885||C W Gibson and party (no details known)||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|3265||1874||General note.||The first Bannockburn Bridge was built in 1874, so this mine may have been given its name after 1874.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|