Location #384 - Shepherds Creek Coal Mine Pigroot Gully / Shepherds Creek. In the north face of the terrace between Pigroot and Adam's Gullies.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1902 - 1910||The Cromwell and Bannockburn Colliery Company||Details|
|2||1927 - 1949||J Hodson (1)||Details|
|3||1949 - 1952||S Hewison syndicate||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|3293||Unknown||General notes.||A survey plan of location #248 produced by Mr G A Blaikie (surveyor) of Gore also shows location #384. It may have been used as a ventilation drive.|
|3294||Unknown||General notes.||The only information on this 'mine' appears on photo #1156 which is a survey plan covering the period of 1902 - 1943 with various mine surveys of the Shepherds Creek mines (#243, #248 and #249). It shows location #384 as maybe being a secondary access drive into location #248 which is situated in Pigroot Gully. It is shown as a portal symbol. The survey lines red (for underground) and black (for surface ground) meet at a peg situated at the portal symbol. The author has not been able to date the portal.|
|3295||1902||General notes.||In 1902, the Shepherds Creek No 1 mine (location #248) was opened up by Mr G A Gillanders for the Coal Company - see location #248 for mire information about this mine.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|2416||Paul Crump - Bannockburn||c1902-1943||Secondary access drive into Shepherds Creek coal mine||View Image|