Location #512 - Timber Yard Kawarau River terrace above and near Richards Ferry (location #156) on the western side of the Bannockburn-Nevis Road.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||c1871||James Pettigrew Taylor||Details|
|2||c1885||William Rorrison Busham & George Bottcher||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|3599||c1871||General notes.||It appears that about this time Mr James Taylor extended his Cromwell timber business to Bannockburn. He may have built his timber yard on the Kawarau River terrace, near and above Richards Ferry, and close to the Bannockburn-Nevis Road. In 1871, James Taylor's tender of £119 to build Bannockburn's first public school building (location #215) was accepted. The building was 16ft (4.9m) long and 13ft (4.0m) wide, constructed of timber framing with corrugated iron cladding in Smith's Gully. It was completed in March 1872.|
|3602||c1885||Mess'rs Busham and Bottcher purchased location #512 from James Taylor.||It appears that Mess'rs Busham and Bottcher purchased Mr Taylor's Bannockburn business, including the timber yard.|
|3605||1890||Death of George Bottcher.||On 25 may 1890, Mr George Bottcher died at the age of 80 years. It is not clear what happened to Mr Bottcher's building business after this time.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|