Location #63 - the Powder House. Pennyweight Gluey, top end, right bank, eastern corner of Blythe Street, at South Street intersection.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|1||1883 - 1915||James Horn||Details|
|2||1915 - 1924||D A Jolly & Sons||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|891||1883 - 1915||General Notes||This building appears to have been built for Jame Horn's general store - dwelling #87. It would have been used to store blasting powder and explosives to be used by the miners on the Carrick gold field. The Powder House appears on J Parsons (Jnr) map (S T Burton plan - June 1910) but it is not known how long it was used for.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|