Dwelling #88. North Road, north side.
The table below shows the groups of people that had an interest in this property, either as owners, residents, tenants or shareholders. Clicking on the 'Details' link will display a list of the individuals in the group along with any known historical information about them.
|2||1904-1926||Mrs Susanhah Graham||Details|
|4||c1920-1956||James Brown Graham||Details|
|5||1956-1973||James Lewis Hodson||Details|
The table below shows any historical notes about the location.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|1307||It is not clear when Mr McGregor and family moved from Pipeclay Gully to Doctors Flat and to dwelling #88.||It is not clear when Mr McGregor and family moved from Pipeclay Gully to Doctors Flat and to dwelling #88.|
|1313||1904||Mr Archibald McGregor moved to Invercargill and sold dwelling #88 to Susannah Graham.||Mr Archibald McGregor moved to Invercargill and sold dwelling #88 to Susannah Graham.|
|1318||1904||Mrs Susannah Graham moved to dwelling #88.||Mrs Susannah Graham moved from Shepherds Creek (ex Chinese hut - may have been near dwelling #245) to dwelling #88 which she purchased from Mr Archibald McGregor.|
|1319||c1920s||Mrs Graham's son, James Brown Graham came to live with his mother.||Mrs Graham's son, James Brown Graham came to live with his mother. (It is possible that he always lived with his mother)|
|1321||1913||Robert and Lucy Robertson may have lived in dwelling #88.||On March 22 1913, Robert Robertson married Lucy Margaret Graham, daughter of Mrs Susannah Graham. It is possible that the couple lived with Mrs Graham in dwelling #88.|
|1323||c1920||James Graham came to live with his mother Mrs Susannah Graham.||James Graham came to live in dwelling #88 with his mother Mrs Susannah Graham. He added two rooms of pug onto the dwelling.|
|1324||1926||After Susannah's death in 1926, James continued to live in dwelling #88||After Susannah's death in 1926, James continued to live in dwelling #88. The poplar trees that bound the section of State highway No6, Cemetery corner to the mouth of the Kawarau Gorge - Cromwell Flats were planted by Mr Graham and Mr Isles (dwelling #13). They were cuttings taken from a stand of poplars near dwelling #5, transplanted by a dray owned by ted Lawrence.|
|1328||1956||Dwelling #88 purchased by James Lewis Hodson (Jim)||Mr Hodson brought the property in 1956. He had planted the area in apricot trees as an extension to his existing orchard further along the road.|
|1329||1973||Mr Hansen purchased dwelling #88||When Mr Hansen purchased the property in August 1973, the only part remaining from dwelling #88 was the coal range. He removed the apricot trees planted by Mr Hodson and replaced them with a selection of trees and shrubs. The family uses the property as their summer retreat from Invercargill.|
The table below shows a list of images related to the location. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|11||Mary Stewart||c1900||Dwelling #88||View Image|
|1060||R Allen - Dunedin||c 1907||Lower Pipeclay Gully - looking north east from below Ray's Dam, Hall Road||View Image|