The Domain Pavillion
Location #100 - The Domain Pavilion
Group Number 1

Group Members

The table below shows the people that make up the group.

No Last Name First Names Maiden Name Relationship Occupation Born Died School Year


The table below shows any historical notes about the party group.

Note Date Short Description Note Text
1460 c1950 General Notes

Some time before 1950, the Nevis township was being dismantled. It was decided that the Domain Board would purchase some materials and huts. These were to form a Domain pavilion. With the help of Mr Ted Lawrence, Mr Dave Baird, Mr Theo Toms and others, three timber framed huts from the old Nevis hotel were transported to the Bannockburn Domain. Materials from the old Nevis hall were also obtained. A Pavilion building constructed of plastered mud-brick, timber framing with a corrugated iron roof was constructed. Initially it had a separate kitchen but that was later incorporated into the pavilion. The building was to form part of a war memorial, along with a memorial gateway for the Domain (see location #340). A roll of honour board was erected in the pavilion to remember the locals who served in World War 2. This roll of honour was transferred to the Bannockburn Presbyterian Church (location #58) around 2000.


The table below shows a list of images related to the party group. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.

Image Id Source Date Short Description