The table below shows the people that make up the group.
|No||Last Name||First Names||Maiden Name||Relationship||Occupation||Born||Died||School Year|
The table below shows any historical notes about the party group.
|Note||Date||Short Description||Note Text|
|1705||1871||William Sutherland moved from Bendigo to Quartzville.||
William Sutherland shifted his blacksmith shop from Bendigo to Quartzville. The building was situated next to the Carrick Range Hotel owned by John McCormack. It is not clear which side of the hotel the blacksmith was on. The Carrick Range Hotel was situated opposite the Standard Battery.
|1706||1882||William involved in works on the antimony smelter.||
Mr Sutherland appears to have been involved with work on the antimony smelter and chimney (locations #352 and #353)
In March of 1883, the smelter works were taken in execution by the bailiff at the suit of William Sutherland.
|1708||1887||William Sutherland moved from Quartzville to Bannockburn.||
In April of 1887, Mr Sutherland shifted his general farrier and blacksmith business from Quartzville to Doctor's Flat, Bannockburn (location #111).
|1709||1895||William Sutherland (2) joined his father in the business.||
William Sutherland (2) joined his father in the business. It appears that the blacksmith business had always employed two blacksmiths. (see later note for some of the other blacksmiths employed by William Sutherland)/
|1710||1901||William Sutherland (2) left his fathers business.||
William Sutherland (2) left his fathers business and went to work as a dredge hand (it is not known which dredge he worked on).
|1711||1906||Last listing for William Sutherland (1) as a blacksmith.||
This was the last year that William Sutherland (1) was listed as a blacksmith in Stones directory.
|1712||1906/1907||William Sutherland sold the blacksmith shop and his residence to William Price.||
William Sutherland sold the blacksmith business (location #111) and his residence (dwelling #112) to William Price. It is not known at this time where William Sutherland (1) moved to, although it is possible that he moved to dwelling #13.
|1713||various||Some employess of William Sutherland while in the blacksmith business.||
Some of the employees of William Sutherland in the blacksmith business were : Mr Tully, William Atchison, Samuel Flaming, Mr Wishardt, Mr Aldridge, Mr McCashell.
The table below shows a list of images related to the party group. Click on 'View Image' to display more details about the image, and to view the image.
|Image Id||Source||Date||Short Description|
|115||Cromwell Argus via Paul Crump||c1887||William Sutherland - Blacksmith, Doctors Flat, Bannockburn||View Image|